Tue, 30 May|
The “Road to Privacy Compliance" Program (R2P)
A 6-month strategic engagement initiative to support entities with the development of a sustainable, resilient & holistic privacy program.
Time & Location
30 May, 10:00 am – 28 Nov, 1:00 pm
About the event
Do you need to put a privacy program or plan in place? Would you like to make sure you have all your "ducks in a row" to protect your business? Have you been asked to be the Privacy Officer and unsure of where to start?
This 6-months program is the answer to tons of questions you may have about privacy in Bermuda! It doesn't matter where you are in the privacy compliance journey, this program is a great way to work towards compliance with confidence, and prepare for PIPA with tools, resources, and guidance.
- This program is for organisations of all sizes.
- Participants must represent an entity.
- No more than TWO representatives per entity can join a cohort.
- Must be in a role that has influence and authority to facilitate activities at the organization (for program projects/activities)
- Must commit to program for full 6-months (attendance and participation)
- Appoint another team member/representative as representative whenever required (he/she must be prepared to show a ticket to participate)
- Choose different representatives to attend based on topic of month, i.e. HR Manager attends “Who’s your privacy team”
- Privacy Projects/Activities may not be fully-completed by deadlines but to benefit from the program, participants are encouraged to demonstrate work on the project at the relevant mastermind session.
- Collaborative engagements to develop a growth mindset and support peer sharing & learning
- Free (no charge) program
- Participants will receive advisory and guidance on privacy and security best practices, but the decisions remain with the entity that they represent.
- High-level guidance with references to PIPA, best practices and local & overseas regulations
- The goal of the program is to empower and inspire organizations to build/develop sustainable and resilient programs and solutions for privacy compliance
- Templates may be provided for some activities, but participants will be encouraged to research and explore resources readily available online
- Group coaching session with a brief training (1-hr)
- Mastermind to share with cohort for feedback & peer review (2-hr)
- Privacy-related project/activity to complete with work team (3-10 hrs per month - depends on the entities operating practices and requirements.
- A minimum of 3 hrs per month (1-hr group coaching/training session; 2-hr collaborative mastermind with peer reviews) for 6-months
- Zoom engagement
- Prepare updates on monthly privacy program project/activity updates by deadlines
- Share lessons and risks during mastermind sessions
- Be open-minded and willing to learn from others and mistakes in a “sharing space”
Disclaimer: Participation in the program does not prevent an entity or individual from being held accountable for any legitimate harm that its operations, services or products cause to individuals.
Who will be the privacy “team”?
What do we collect?